On This Page
February is the month of hearts, love, and lovers. It’s also when many of us celebrate Valentine’s Day – a day to honor all types of relationships that fuel and nurture our souls. Whether you join millions worldwide looking for the perfect card/gift, don’t forget to show yourself a little love, too! In this blog post, we explore and celebrate self-love and its importance in our everyday lives.
Why? Because self-love is the key to a happier life. It’s not just necessary for your mental and emotional health; it also helps you feel better about yourself so that other people can see the goodness inside of you!
Self-love can mean:
- Appreciating all of you – inside and out. It can take effort to love ourselves sometimes since everyone has different opinions on how they should live life. But carving out just 15 – 20 minutes every day just FOR YOURSELF will do wonders for your mental, emotional, and physical wellness.
- Prioritizing yourself and what you need. Using the power of self-love, you’re no longer bending over backward to make others happy at all costs – even when it means sacrificing what’s best for yourself! Your needs matter, too. Check-in daily with yourself – how are you doing, really? What do you need right now? What is one small action you can take to meet your need?
- Being perfectly imperfect is a wonderful place to be. The more you love yourself, the better your life will be. Self-love is not about having all of these perfect bodies or lives; it’s simply being content with who we are right now and accepting our flaws as well!
Show Yourself Love Every Day
There is no “one size fits all” definition of self-love. For each of us, self-love means something different.
For some, self-love is talking and thinking lovingly to and about themselves, owning and speaking their truth, or finding ways to think more positively throughout the day.
Still others define self-love as a mental day off, having a girls night out, or curling up with a good book in a favorite place.
Figuring out what self-love means to you, and how you will foster more of it in your life in February and every day thereafter, is a great way to celebrate a month focused on the gift of love.
So, what does self-love look like for you?
This Month’s Quote
When it comes to self-love, we can’t do just one quote! So, we’ve curated three amazingly energizing snippets about the power of loving yourself. We hope they inspire you to show yourself more love every day.
This Month’s Journal Prompt
Self-Reflect and Grow
It’s time to self-reflect! Grab your favorite Disrupted Unicorn Journal Notebook and pen, get comfy, take a few deep breaths, and reflect on this month’s journal prompts:
- Read each of the self-love snippets above.
- Pick one that’s most meaningful to you and write down your thoughts about it.
- Make a list of 5 song titles that describe what you love most about yourself.
- What is one thing you can do every day this month to show yourself more love?
Journal writing is a personal and often deeply emotional activity. If you feel uncomfortable or distressed about a particular prompt we post, please feel free to skip it and journal about whatever is on your mind or heart.