We all have ’em – our favorite quotes, affirmations, and sayings! A quotes journal is a wonderful way to document the words that inspire you. Whether it’s a line from your favorite book, a song you can’t get out of your head, or something someone said to you that really resonated, a quotes journal is a great way to keep track of the things that make you think, feel, and grow. Not sure where to start? This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to start your own quotes journal.
On This Page
Quotes Journal Supplies
–A notebook or a blank journal. This is where you’ll write down the quotes that inspire you, so make sure it’s one that you love and will want to keep around for a while.
–A pen or pencil. You’ll need something to write with, of course! But don’t feel like you must use a pen – if you want to decorate your journal with pictures or drawings, go for it. Anything goes when it comes to creative expression.
–A timer. If you find yourself struggling to come up with quotes to write about, set a timer for 5-10 minutes and see what comes up. The goal is simply to get started, and the quotes will follow.
Create Your Quotes Journal
1) Set aside some time each day – even just 5-10 minutes – for your journaling practice. Make it something you look forward to by setting up a special spot just for journaling, with whatever supplies/decorations make you feel happy and inspired.
2) When you sit down to write, take a few deep breaths, and allow yourself to relax. This is YOUR time to enjoy!
3) Set a timer for a minimum of 5-10 minutes.
4) Write down the current date and a quote that comes to mind. These can be any words that mean something to you. What you write can come from books, songs, movies, conversations – anything at all.
6) Once you have written down your quote, take some time to read and reflect on the quote you’ve written.
7) Write a few sentences about why the quote speaks to you. How has it impacted your life?
8) Make quote journaling a practice by following steps 1 through 7 each day. Mornings or right before bedtime are the prime journaling times, but choose the time of day that works best for you.
There are many benefits of starting a quotes journal such as: jumpstarting your creativity, providing clarity during difficult times, and serving as a reminder of how far you’ve come. So, what are you waiting for? Gather up your supplies and get started today!
Take Us On Your Journey
Check out our My Favorite Quotes tracker if you’re not a DIYer but want to capture quotes you love. It’s the ideal journal for anyone who loves capturing a great quote or saying from a book, a favorite line from a TV show or movie, family, and friends. Memorable, crazy, or funny – capture all the things people say that feed, shape, or change your life. This quotes tracker offers space to write down the quote or saying, capture the quote’s impact on your life, and jot down your personal notes and insights. Learn more about My Favorite Quotes tracker.