On This Page
Master This 10 Minute Daily Spruce Up To Keep Life Simple
We admit it. The 10 Minute Tidy has little to do with journaling and more to do with finding time to journal!
We all know how hard it can be to keep our homes tidy and organized, let alone find time to do something we love! With busy lives full of meetings, appointments, and family commitments, finding the time to spruce up around the house can often seem like an impossible task!
But what if cleaning up your home were actually achievable in just 10 minutes a day? By learning how to “10 Minute Tidy”, you will pleasantly surprise yourself with cleanliness while also creating more free time for work or leisure or journaling—yes please! Keep reading and find out why 10 minute tidying is one of the best productivity hacks ever.
What Is The “10 Minute Tidy”?
The 10 minute tidy is a practice of spending just 10 minutes tidying up your home or workspace each day. This could involve clearing off your desk, doing a quick sweep of the floors, folding a load of laundry, or any other small tasks that will help to keep your surroundings clean and organized.
The key is to make this a regular habit, so that you are consistently investing a small amount of time into maintaining your space. This simple practice can work wonders for your mental and physical health, helping you to feel more organized, focused, and in control.
And to be honest, it’s not as daunting as it sounds. In fact, once you get into the habit of doing a 10 minute tidy every day, you might find yourself looking forward to it!
Ok. Still a little skeptical, eh? We get it. But, if you’ve read this far, we’ve got you interested. We’ll take that! And, you’re probably still wondering what all the tidy hype is about! Read on…
Benefits of Tidying Up Your Spaces
Here are the major benefits of this incredibly productive life hack:
- You will feel more in control of your environment. When your space is cluttered and messy, it can be difficult to focus on your work or relax at home. By tackling small cleaning tasks each day, you can prevent yourself from getting overwhelmed by mess and help keep your surroundings pleasant and conducive to productivity.
- Your mind and body will thank you. Studies have shown that a clean environment can have positive effects on your mental health, reducing stress levels and promoting feelings of calm and well-being.
- You will save time in the long run. By investing a small amount of time each day into maintaining your space, you can avoid having to spend hours cleaning and organizing on the weekends or whenever guests are coming over. This can help you feel less stressed and more able to enjoy your free time. Plus, when your space is already relatively tidy, it is easier to stay motivated and stay on top of things when new messes arise.
How To 10 Minute Tidy Like A Pro
So, now you know what a 10 Minute Tidy is and why it is incredibly beneficial. So, how do you incorporate this quick cleaning practice into your life? Here are the simple yet essential tips to get you tidying your spaces like a pro!
Choose a consistent time of the day
This could be before bed, first thing in the morning, or after dinner, whatever works best for your schedule. A great time of day is when you feel most energetic. Be sure to schedule your daily tidy time on your calendar to make it part of your day.
Start with one room
Try not to tackle the entire house all at once – that’s just too overwhelming. Instead, focus on one room at a time. Once you’ve got the hang of things, you can move on to another room or task.
Focus on one task
Try not to do too many things at once – that will make the 10 minutes feel longer. Instead, focus on one task, such as picking up all the toys off the floor, sweeping the floor, or doing a quick dusting. Once that task is done, if you still have time, move on to something else.
Set a timer
This is key! If you don’t set a timer, you’ll probably be distracted (you know how life goes!) and not get as much done as you’d like. So set that timer for 10 minutes and get busy!
Make it fun!
Yes, tidying up might not be the most glamorous way to spend ten minutes of your life – but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun! Put on some music or listen to a podcast while you tidy; before you know it, the timer will sound and your ten minute tidy time will be up.
Take Your Tidy-Ups To The Next Level
Once you have the basic practice down, consider taking your spruce up time to the next level. Here are some ideas for adding fun to your 10-minute tidying:
- Add a clean-up song. Did you know there are cleaning-up songs that last precisely…10 minutes? They include a countdown timer, too! Try this Catchy Cleanup Song For Kids and Adults.
- Get the family involved. Make your ten minute tidying a family affair. Be sure everyone knows their ten-minute task ahead of time. Try adding some countdown music to inspire your kids while they clean: Kids Cleanup Countdown Song.
- Celebrate the wins! Give yourself a pat on the back, a high-five, or words of appreciation for getting something done today!
The 10 Minute Tidy is simple, effective, and, best of all, doesn’t have to take hours out of your day. That gives you a little extra “me” time to do what you love, like journaling! Plus, any time we can remove a source of stress from adulting, we are so there! Why not give this cleaning method a try? Discover how much of a difference it makes in your home and your daily life!